Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Mail Card

PHOTOSHOP
QUARK XPRESS
Could not load onto system

Design Rationale

In the beginning when starting off this project, I knew how to use photoshop so this was fairly easy, and it wasn't too hard to match the exact fonts because they were overall basic. Except figuring out the yellow star shape on the side was a big challenge. I had to eventually find one under shapes that sort of looked like the firework, so it wasn't exact. The background I actually found online by searching "purple fabric" and it actually looked almost exact to the little tabloid. I used Arial for most fonts and Monotype for the big font. But I already knew how to move objects and import pictures, so this was not a problem.

Quark was a lot trickier than photoshop. I learned that it is different in that the toolbar on the bottom controls everything. And that you move the pictures around with the hand tool. I also learned that it was much harder to save my document and this aggravated me. Somehow I could not save my document anywhere until I went out and bought a flashdrive myself. It was really aggravating because the pictures would not save as a GIF or JPEG and I was really stressing out after have completing the Quark portion about 3 times. But after the third time I learned how to use qurak a lot faster than before! There were things I liked about it and things I didn't. Quark was a lot more professional than photoshop, and I got to use a lot of better graphics- I found a replica of the firework I had been trying to create on photoshop. On the other hand, the size was not coming out right and it was hard adjusting to the different toolbars after using photoshop. Plus when I printed it, the colors came out all wrong only on Quark and it highlighted certain parts of my card for no reason. But overall on the screen the colors looked a lot better and closer on Quark.

No comments: